Sunday, June 1, 2008

Farmers Market Season Begins

Thanks to Barbara Shaw of Shoregrass, I learned about the Madison Farmers Market, held on the green along Route 1.
I played there Friday, which was about a perfect day as one could expect -- warm, dry, light breeze. Tony Pagliaro, market master, suggested bringing a full sound system rather than my Crate Taxi, because the green is such a large space. I was glad I took his advice.
Special thanks to the folks from Wave Hill Breads of Wilton for giving me a loaf of French country bread at the end of the day.
A pared-down version of Shoregrass will play at the market on June 6, 3-6 p.m.
I have a busy market season planned - I'll be in Madison again in September, and also at markets in Hartford, New Haven, Deep River and Old Saybrook. The schedule will be posted on my website and myspace page.
I love playing at the markets, largely because I love to watch people. When someone stops by to listen or chat a bit, that's an bonus.

No comments: